INTRODUCTION TO AGRICULTURAL BASED BUSINESS PLANNING Course code CZAH43X
Lantra Awards accredited. Eligible for Farming Connect funding.
- YESS scheme entrants (To enable Yess entrants to implement, monitor , and evaluate against their entrant business plan.)
- Entrants into farming
- Farmers wishing to develop their business management skills.
At the end of the course the trainee will be able to :
- Define basic financial terminology to include P &L, overhead costs, variable costs, Balance sheet, cash flow, viability, cash needs, gross margins, benchmarking,
- Identify examples of the above terms.
- Analyse financial documents for examples.
- Describe the difference between management accounts and tax accounting.
- Set up a customised template of management accounts for the business
- Identify recording in mgt accounts to assist Gross Margin analysis
- Produce a Gross Margin from a set of Management Accounts
- Identify sources of benchmarking information
- Understand the need for cash flow projection and its link to viability
- Use management tools for monitoring and evaluating performance
The emphasis on the course is to customise to their own farm, and systems.
The course is 1 day in length . Price per delegate £225 plus vat .Vat can be reclaimed by vat registered businesses, 80% Farming Connect funding eligible. We will employ both computer based and paper based resources, and handouts will available as hard copy as well as electronic. Clients will be encouraged to bring their own laptops, but not essential .
|TUES 25TH OCTOBER||ST CLEARS||Llety cynin Llangynin Road,
St Clears, Carmarthenshire
|TUES 1ST NOV||PORTHMADOG AREA||VENUE TO BE CONFIRMED|
|THURS 3RD NOV||WELSHPOOL AREA||Training for the future.The brick barn, Dolobren Hall, Pontrobert, Meifod, Powys, SY22 6HX|
|WED 16TH NOV||LAMPETER AREA||Treberfedd farm, Dihewydd, Lampeter SA48 7NW|
|WED 23RD NOV||BUILTH WELLS||Lantra building, RWAS.LD2 3WY|
|FRI 25TH NOV||LLANGOLLEN / RUTHIN AREA.||VENUE TO BE CONFIRMED|
|THURS 8TH DEC||CAERNARFON AREA||VENUE TO BE CONFIRMED|
|JAN 2012||BRECON AREA||VENUE TO BE CONFIRMED|
|JAN 2012||HAVERFORDWEST/FISHGAURD||VENUE TO BE CONFIRMED|
INTRODUCTION TO AGRICULTURAL BASED BUSINESS PLANNING COURSE TIMETABLE V4
firstname.lastname@example.org CAERLAN FARM TONYPANDY CF40 1SN TEL 01443 670267
We anticipate local delivery to groups of 6 in autumn 2011, with a mop up course offered in Feb 2012 for any who missed their local venue, at Lantra Builth Wells.