INTRODUCTION TO AGRICULTURAL BASED BUSINESS PLANNING Course code CZAH43X
Lantra Awards accredited. Eligible for Farming Connect funding.
NEXT DATE SATURDAY 11TH FEB AT CAERLAN
- YESS scheme entrants (To enable Yess entrants to implement, monitor , and evaluate against their entrant business plan.)
- Entrants into farming
- Farmers wishing to develop their business management skills.
At the end of the course the trainee will be able to :
- Define basic financial terminology to include P &L, overhead costs, variable costs, Balance sheet, cash flow, viability, cash needs, gross margins, benchmarking,
- Identify examples of the above terms.
- Analyse financial documents for examples.
- Describe the difference between management accounts and tax accounting.
- Set up a customised template of management accounts for the business
- Identify recording in mgt accounts to assist Gross Margin analysis
- Produce a Gross Margin from a set of Management Accounts
- Identify sources of benchmarking information
- Understand the need for cash flow projection and its link to viability
- Use management tools for monitoring and evaluating performance
The emphasis on the course is to customise to their own farm, and systems.
The course is 1 day in length . Price per delegate £225 plus vat .Vat can be reclaimed by vat registered businesses, 80% Farming Connect funding eligible. We will employ both computer based and paper based resources, and handouts will available as hard copy as well as electronic. Clients will be encouraged to bring their own laptops, but not essential .