Women in Agriculture in Scotland can now access our REMOTE DELIVERY business courses
- Book keeping VAT and making tax digital (MTD )
- Understanding your accounts and financial statements
- Managing your cash flow.
These courses are best taken in the order shown. The accounts course runs best after basic book keeping is covered, so they are progressive. Cash flow is a shorter course in contact hours on screen, as they will have an excel spreadsheet provided to use on their own business in their own time, with a follow up session for questions and answers.
Other Lantra courses that have been adjusted to run remotely:
- Marketing your business
- Leading and Managing
- Planning your business for the future.
Simply the best Lantra customised provision that can be run remotely
- Stress Management
- Time management
- Planning a diversification or new enterprise on the farm – from May 2021
- Introduction to agricultural business planning from May 2021
(best done after the financial management suite)
Women in Agriculture Practical Training Fund
This fund is intended to provide women in Rural Scotland with greater opportunities for training, and by doing so to help address the current gender imbalance within the agricultural industry. This fund is open to any woman resident in Scotland who is either already working in or studying agriculture*, full-time or part-time, or who is keen to start work in this area, who can demonstrate how the training course will support the development of their business or employment options.
Applications will be reviewed on a monthly basis. More than one course can be applied for within the financial year to allow for progression and skills development, however only one course can be applied for within each monthly application round. Priority will be given to new applicants within each round.
• 100% funding is available for training up to the value of £500 per course
• Applications for training over the value of £500 will still be accepted and will be assessed depending on the value to the individual or business.
Scotland@lantra.co.uk or phone 01738 310164 to discuss.
Proposed timetable. VERSION 1 as at March2021.
|TUES 13TH APRIL||BOOKKEEPING VAT &MTD|
|FRI 16TH APRIL||LEADING AND MANAGING|
|MON 19TH APRIL||MARKETING YOUR BUSINESS|
|WED 5TH MAY||LEADING AND MANAGING|
|WED 28TH APRIL||BOOKKEEPING VAT &MTD|
|TUES 11TH MAY||BOOKKEEPING VAT &MTD|
|TUES 25TH MAY||UNDERSTANDING AND USING YOUR ACCOUNTS|
|TUES 1ST JUNE||MANAGING YOUR CASH FLOW.|
|MON 7TH JUNE||MARKETING YOUR BUSINESS.|
|WED 9TH JUNE||UNDERSTANDING AND USING YOUR ACCOUNTS|
|TUES 15TH JUNE||BOOKKEEPING VAT &MTD|
|MON 21ST JUNE||LEADING AND MANAGING|
|TUES 22ND JUNE||MANAGING YOUR CASH FLOW.|
|TUES 29TH JUNE||UNDERSTANDING AND USING YOUR ACCOUNTS|
More dates can be added according to demand
Introducing Remote Learning
On line delivery just involves the trainee interacting with a set of screens. Remote delivery is much more like the face to face course, in that the tutor and trainees can all see each other and react as you would in a traditional course. It has the advantage of no travel.
We will be using ZOOM as the medium to deliver this, some of you will already be familiar with this and have software already. If you are not familiar with it, you will not need to download any software to join the course. (But It is free if you did want to download it)
For the course you will need :
- Access to a pc with a webcam or laptop or tablet. most laptops/tablets have inbuilt webcam. If that is not possible, a smart phone will work, but you may want to use a holder of some sort so you don’t have to hold it all the time.
- Prior to the course we will send you a e mail with the link to the course. On the day of the course you just follow the link.
Prior to the course We will usually POST out to you a pack, which will contain hard copies of workbooks , handouts etc needed, so you will not have to print out materials, or try and access them on the pc during the course. (Bookkeeping and Accounts)
How we are structuring the courses :
On a conventional face to face course we start 9.30 and go through till 3.30 with coffee breaks and lunch break as appropriate. It would be very difficult to run a zoom course like this. These courses are 6 hours contact time, and 6 hours of a screen is not an option.
So the basic format we are planning is as follows_
- Session 1 of the course- 2 hours zoom session, eg 10am – 12 noon.
- Break – Off screen. may include you doing some course work “homework” as well as a cuppa and lunchbreak etc.
- Session 2 of the course – 2 hours zoom session, usually same day, where we can go through “homework” address questions, and discuss.
- For those of you who have never used zoom, or are not confident with technology, I can arrange an individual Warm-up zoom session with you for 10-15 minutes at a time convenient to you before the course , so you can try the link, see the screen and using the controls etc, so you know what to expect on the day
Course Tutor – Julie Thomas can be contacted at :
01443 670267 or Julie@simplythebesttc.co.uk